A pleasant and happy thing for your spare time is to view and enjoy your DVD collection on the widescreen Apple TV together with your family or friends. It’s easy to do with Brorsoft DVD to Apple TV Ripper, which can convert any DVD from disc, from folder or ISO image file on your computer, and output high quality Apple TV compatible files.
Maybe you will meet with the question that your favorite DVD movies cannot play well on Apple TV. It is a pity that we cannot watch DVD movies with Stereo audio track compatible with iPad 2. So first thing in your mind is to sync your favorite DVD movies to Apple TV with Stereo audio track compatible with iPad 2 in order to view it.
Here we serve you best way to stream DVD to Apple TV. This guide will give you an aid to convert DVD to Apple TV with both Stereo and AC3 5.1 audio tracks in a short time with its NVIDIA CUDA acceleration.
Conditions for transfering DVD to Apple TV with both Stereo and 5.1 Dolby Digital:
1. Free download the professional Brorsoft DVD to Apple TV Ripper.
2. DVD disc
3. Operating System: Windows XP/2003/Vista, Windows 7, Windows Home Server.
4. QuickTime Player
5. iTunes 10.2 or later
Part 1: Rip DVD with a stereo audio track for Apple TV with the best DVD to Apple TV Ripper.
Step 1: Import DVD movie to the top DVD to Apple TV Ripper.
Launch the best DVD to Apple TV Ripper. Press the button like a disc to add DVD to the best DVD to Apple TV Ripper. You can tick the box in front of the file you want to rip.
Step 2: Select an output format for Apple TV and set the output folder.
Click on the dropdown menu of “Format” and then move your pointer to “HD video > “H.264 HD Video (*.mp4)” which is the compatible format for Apple TV. You can also choose the format from the “Apple TV” sublist. Then you can set the output folder by clicking “Browse” icon as you need.
Step 3: Click “Settings” icon to adjust audio and video parameters.
Click the “Settings” icon and you will go into a new interface named “Profile Settings”. You can adjust codec, aspect ratio, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channel in the interface according to your needs and optimize the output file quality.
Note: Here we recommend you the optimal settings:
Video Size: 1280*720
Video Bitrate: 4000kbps
Video Frame rate: 30fps
Audio codec: aac
Audio Sampling rate: 48000hz
Audio Bitrate: 160kbps
Audio Channels: Stereo
Step 4: Start converting DVD to Apple TV with a stereo audio track.
Click the “Convert” button; it will start ripping DVD to Apple TV with a stereo audio track at once. Due to its adopted NVIDIA CUDA technology, the DVD to Apple TV with Stereo conversion will be completed at up 5x faster speed. Find the total converting progress in the “Conversion” interface.
Part 2: Rip from the same DVD with an AC3 5.1 Dolby Digital audio only track for Apple TV.
Step 1: Import DVD movie to the best DVD to Apple TV Ripper.
Launch Brorsoft DVD to Apple TV Ripper. Click the button like a disc to add DVD to the best DVD to Apple TV Ripper.
Step 2: Select common audio format for Apple TV.
Click on the dropdown menu of “Format” and then move your pointer to “Common Audio” > AC3 – Dolby Digital AC-3(*.ac3) for Apple TV.
Step 3: Click “Settings” icon to adjust audio parameters.
Click the “Settings” icon and you will go into a new interface named “Profile Settings”. You need to adjust audio codec as ac3, and select 5.1 channels.
Step 4: Start converting DVD to Apple TV with an AC3 5.1 Dolby Digital audio only track.
Click the “Convert” button; it will start the DVD to Apple TV with AC3 5.1conversion immediately.
Above are the two most important parts for converting DVD to Apple TV with both Stereo and AC3 5.1 audio track. After the two parts, now you just need to follow the guide below step by step.
1. Open the DVD movie in QucikTime Player.
2. Select File > Open File and select your ac3 audio track.
3. Select Edit > Select All, and select Edit > Copy.
4. Refocus back to the DVD movie (.mp4) and Edit > Add to Video
5. Now hit “control + j”. This will bring up a little window. You should see two audio tracks and a video track. Rename your second track to "Surround Audio" and verify it's at least 5.1 channels by looking at the audio tab.
6. Rename your stereo track "Stereo Audio". And then go to the advanced tab with your stereo audio track selected.
7. Select your surround track as the alternate to the stereo track which will uncheck the surround track.
8. Then click “save” icon. QuickTime will save the DVD movie as a .mov file, don't panic. You can show the extension if not already shown and change it back to .mp4 format.
9. Then add the movie to iTunes. Now right click and get information. You'll see now that your audio tracks are listed as "Stereo, 5.1 Dolby Digital", which means you have gotten the movie with both Stereo and AC3 5.1 audio tracks.
When you finish above steps, you will find your DVD movie played on the ipad 2 and stereo track is selected. Even though DVD movie is played on Apple TV or other devices supporting AC3, the 5.1 track will be used. It is easy for you to transfer DVD to Apple TV or watch the DVD in iPad 2.
1. If you encounter other troubles of Apple TV usage, you can refer to Apple TV Tips and Tricks. It will do you a favor.
2. If you want to get other professional knowledge about how to Convert/Rip/Sync DVD to Apple TV with both Stereo and AC3 5.1 audio tracks, please click this link.