Did you have some hd .mov videos from Nikon D800, D800e or D4. The D800′s full hd video mode is lifted almost completely from the professional D4 and boasts 1080p30 resolution. If you have got the D800, D800E or D4 and often use them to record 1080P video, you will find some problems with processing the Nikon mov files.
Want to directly put the nikon .mov files on Macbook
pro, Macbook air and iMac? Want to play the nikon videos with no choppy issue
on mac computer? Want to open nikon movie files in iMovie
for editing? Want to transfer nikon raw video to Final Cut Pro
, improt nikon video to FCP X
The MOV video format came from Nikon D800, D800e and D4 is a long GOP format that is highly compressed, it is not a good editing format. The best way to convert nikon raw video codec to mac
supported video codec with keep the natural quality. This article will tell you the best way to convert nikon video to mov on mac os x, os x mountain Lion .
Step by step to convert Nikon HD mov video to Apple mov
1. Directly copy the nikon shooting video footage to hard drive.
2. Download and install the Best Nikon Raw Conversion Software
3. Run it and import the nikon hd .mov videos .
4. Choose output format, click format to choose HD VideoŕH.264 HD Video (*mov) profile in the drop-down menu. If you want to edit nikon mov file in FCP, suggest you choose Final Cut Pro > Apple ProRes 422(*mov). And for editing in iMovie/FCE, you can choose iMovie and Final Cut Express > Apple InterMediate Codec(AIC)(*mov).
5. Click “Settings” and set the output format with 1080p at 30, 25 or 24 frames per second, up to 24Mbps.
6. Start “Convert”. This Nikon Raw Video Converter
will help you convert Nikon mov videos with best quality, and then you can edit the files in your mac editing software as you want with no codec problems, smoothly play the files with no choppy issue.